Milbanke Home For Older People - Gardening
Gardening Support Volunteers
Do you love gardening?
We are seeking enthusiastic Gardening Support Volunteers to help support gardening tasks. Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents. Their core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone's life, even if it's just a smile.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Tasks - As a Gardening Support volunteer you will:
- Be encouraged to assist residents to tend to small areas of the garden e.g. planting & maintaining spring/summer pots and baskets.
- To include general maintenance and basic garden DIY
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
Qualities - Gardening Support Volunteers need to:
- Knowledge of garden plants, gardening / planting / DIY
- Be good communicators
- Be committed
- Patience and understanding
- Friendly & approachable
- caring nature
- Aware of confidentiality
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of distance eLearning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon