St Annes Library - St Annes Library - Culture Hack 18 - 24 Years LEGO
Reading Hack 18 – 24 Years
LEGO Group Support.
If you love libraries and are aged between 18 - 24 years this could be the right volunteering opportunity for you.
Lancashire libraries care and cater for the needs of their local communities and are recognised as a safe space and often the main community hub. The library service is continually involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running regular events and acting as the venue for many other local groups' activities, they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation. Their many regular activities and events include: Digital skills courses, Mental Health & Wellbeing groups, Reading groups, Children's Activities, Activities for all ages as well as providing information and knowledge for enquiries.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
As a Reading Hack we are offering you:
- An opportunity to share your skills and interests with others
- An introduction programme and a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and Support
- An opportunity you can include in your portfolio / CV
18 - 24 years Reading Hacks will require two references from people who have known them for over two years
- Helping children to read/choose books
- Planning and promoting library offers and events
- Assisting and running a variety of activities
- Other activities: in agreement with staff at the library
- Log volunteering hours where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
Be reliable and committed
Please speak to a member of staff at the library before applying
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Saturday Afternoon