Lord Street Neighbourhood Centre, Chorley PR6 0RF - Neighbourhood Centre Group Support (CFW)
Neighbourhood Centre Group Support Volunteer (CFW)
Do you want to make a difference to your local community?
If you have a few hours to spare each week and are able to volunteer, this would be a great opportunity to consider.
Children, Family, & Wellbeing Service are seeking volunteers to assist under supervision of a member of staff, to help those who access their services.
They require Group Support volunteers for their building based and Mobile Youth Bus activities.
This opportunity will give a volunteer the chance to:
· Gain experience from volunteering for this opportunity.
· Make a positive difference to a child, young person, and their family.
· Use their creative skills.
· Improve their confidence and self-esteem.
Overview of Service:
Children and Family wellbeing Services, prevention and early Help Service offers support to children, Young people and families age 0-19+years, (0-25 Years for SEND) and their families. The service identifies as early as possible when a child, young person or family needs support.
All tasks are carried out under the supervision of a member of staff:
· Support and assist staff to run sessions and activities as required for the group
· Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards (Building based)
· Help with building new skills, confidence and motivation.
· Engaging with groups for children, young people and their families.
· Help with supporting children and young people with additional needs.
· Log volunteering hours on Better Impact Volunteers account.
· Patience and understanding
· Approachable and Friendly
· Non Judgemental
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· An ability to motivate and inspire others
· Good Communication skills – Good Active Listener
· Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support
Required age: 18+ years
· Child Sexual Exploitation
· Data Security Awareness
· Health & Safety
· Safeguarding Children Level 1
Volunteers must have completed the required eLearning training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This post subject to Enhanced DBS/Vetting
LR 18.03.2019 CFW/GSV/ V02
This activity generally occurs on
- Wednesday Evening