DeVitre House Day Cenre - DeVitre House Day Centre (Lancaster) - Activity Assistant
DeVitre House Day Centre (Lancaster) – Activity Assistant
Ashton Road, Lancaster, LA1 5AL
Sessions are held morning and afternoon, you will therefore be able to choose either or both.
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents.
Our core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
The service has 18 homes for older people and 12 day centres throughout Lancashire.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a difference in someone's life, even if it's just a smile.
As an Activity Assistant volunteer you will be encouraged to act as a friend to residents and assist them to partake in small group activities or share your hobby/ interest to create a new group for a small number of older people. Activities may include:
- Reminisce activities for residents with dementia
- Baking with a small group
- Playing board games, cards, dominoes
- Arts and crafts
- Sharing your hobbies/interests
Activity Assistant volunteers need to:
- Be good communicators;
- Be committed;
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines;
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Knowledge of dementia
Volunteers will also be provided with relevant training required for this role.
To apply - click the 'Fill in an application' button on the right of this screen
- DBS satisfactorily returned put in the expiry date (3 years from date of issue) Must be Returned
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account