Judges Lodgings - Lancashire County Council Lancaster Museum - Activities Volunteers (to help in the delivery of Arts & Crafts sessions)
Activities Volunteers (to help in the delivery of Arts & Crafts sessions)
Do you enjoy supporting families to have fun with arts and crafts?
Judges' Lodgings Museum are looking for people to help with their many summer activities for adults and children. You must be confident in speaking to families and children to oversee the delivery of basic children's crafts over the weekends of the school summer holidays.
If you live in the local area and think this might be the ideal volunteering opportunity for you, please get in touch.
- Ensure the smooth running of the activity session.
- Help by preparing the required equipment for the sessions.
- Help in setting up the spaces for sessions.
- Welcoming visitors to the sessions and showing them basic craft activities.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line.
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- Have basic ability to produce children's arts and crafts (existing templates provided)
- Be confident at dealing with all members of the public
- Be a good communicator
- Be reliable and committed
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of distance ELearning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon