Lytham Library - Lytham Assembly Rooms, Dicconson Terrace, Lytham St Annes FY8 5JY - reopened 15.8.19 - Lytham Library - Family History Support
Family History Support
This volunteering opportunity involves helping fellow Family History researchers with their investigations, arranged class visits and Family History sessions, allowing more people to be helped in this popular area of research.
What it entails
Familiarity with print and electronic sources for family history
Encourage the person attending to do the research themselves, by:
- suggesting sources to try
- explaining how the information is organised
- explaining how to organise a search
What are we offering to you?
- An opportunity to share your knowledge
- Training and support
- An opportunity to assist us in an important area of library use
- A designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback.
- An opportunity you can include on your CV
Lancashire libraries care and cater for the needs of their local communities and are recognised as a safe space and often the main community hub. The library service is continually involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
What are we asking for from you?
- Regular attendance at an agreed time
- Treat our resources with care
- Comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
- Attend one of our Family History sessions on a regular basis and help fellow family historians search for their ancestors.
- To treat everyone with courtesy and respect at all times
- Volunteers must Log their volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- You should have good ICT and communication skills,
- Enthusiasm about the huge difference the Internet can make to someone's life
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
Please talk to a member of staff before applying
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
This activity generally occurs on
- Wednesday Afternoon
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account