Be The Heart Of OV! Daily Volunteer Events - ATTENTION HIGH NEED! Donation Collection Assistants Location Varies 18+
Each year, Opportunity Village is one of the chosen charities to benefit from merchandise donations given by vendors who attend the Las Vegas Convention Center, the World Market Center, and various trade shows typically located on the Las Vegas Strip. We need volunteers to help us collect donated items.
These donations are then sold at our retail store with proceeds supporting our programs and services.
Join us in the following shifts:
- August 16th - 21st 9am - 1pm
- Location World Market; 475 S Grand Central PKWY, #1615
- August 25th at 3pm or August 26th at 9am (2 hour service)
- Location Mandalay Bay Meet in convention hall in front of the Pacific side stairs
Las Vegas Convention Center
- August 25th - August 26th 9am or 3pm Shifts Vary by date
- Location LVCC Meet at South Side Ticket Window
Assist us in collecting items by placing them on rolling carts and moving to designated area for pick up. Hold doors open while those pulling carts go through hallways
Please arrive wearing your mask and following social distancing guidelines as provided by CDC.
From all us at Opportunity Village, we are grateful for your continued volunteer support.
Keeping YOU safe while responding during the COVID-19 outbreak is of utmost important to us while welcoming you back to Opportunity Village. You can expect that we will be following the latest CDC guidelines to include facemasks, hand sanitizer/hand washing stations, and gloves when/where needed, as well as social distancing.
If you are part of a high-risk population, as defined here by the Centers for Disease Control, we recommend you consider joining us at time when COVID-19 is no longer of concern and/or join us for virtual opportunities by clicking here. There are many ways to support Opportunity Village!
Please be prepared to practice universal infection control precautions:
- Wearing a facemask.
- Maintaining a social distance of six feet.
- Washing hands for a minimum of 20 seconds before, during, and after volunteering.
- Covering your cough and sneezes.
- If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer provided.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
Please follow the instructions given at your volunteer station in regards to service and sanitation.
Please wear proper personal protective equipment throughout your shift.
At times your volunteer shift or opportunity may change or be cancelled. Thank you in advance for your understanding. We will provide you with as much notice as possible.
We kindly ask you register online prior to attendance. You can sign up by clicking here.
We ask you not volunteer if you live with, or are in frequent contact with, people in higher-risk categories for the virus.
One Week Prior to Volunteer Date & Day Before, the information below will be emailed with reminder of upcoming service.
Before joining us on site to volunteer, please review these COVID-19 screening questions:
- In the last 14 days, have you had any of these symptoms that cannot be directly attributed to another health condition:
- Difficulty Breathing/Shortness of Breath
- Sore Throat
- Muscle Pain /Body Aches (not related to specific activity such as physical exercise)
- Congestion or runny nose
- New Loss of Taste or Smell
- Fever (CDC defined as 100.4 F / 38.0 C or higher)
- Have you been in close contact* without the use of appropriate PPE with any person currently sick with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 (coronavirus), or are you living with someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19?
*Close contact is defined as within 6 feet or more than 15 consecutive minutes per CDC.
If you responded yes to any of the above, or if you fail COVID-19 screening on site, you will be advised to self-quarantine. When on site, you will be given information on community resources where free COVID-19 testing can be given. Positive responses, or Fever, will result in inability to volunteer.
We strongly encourage all persons experiencing symptoms or illness to seek medical attention.
It is required that all Opportunity Village volunteers arrive wearing a cloth face mask or covering, when volunteering at any Opportunity Village location. The face mask must be properly worn (i.e. covering mouth and nose) at all times. Opportunity Village requests that volunteers bring their own face mask. We will provide face masks to those who do not have them upon arrival.
These measures, and any additional that may be required, are all intended to maintain the health and safety of all Opportunity Village volunteers, employees, and the people we served. These protocols may be updated at any time without prior notice as conditions necessitate. It is only together, with full support for putting health and safety first, that our mission at Opportunity Village continues. We’re thankful to welcome you back and look forward to seeing you soon.
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Monday, August 16, 2021||9:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Tuesday, August 17, 2021||9:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Wednesday, August 18, 2021||9:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Thursday, August 19, 2021||9:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Friday, August 20, 2021||9:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Saturday, August 21, 2021||9:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Wednesday, August 25, 2021||3:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Wednesday, August 25, 2021||3:00 PM||7:00 PM|
|Thursday, August 26, 2021||9:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|Thursday, August 26, 2021||9:00 AM||1:00 PM|