Admin/Office/Organization - In-Kind Donation Manager
In-Kind Donation Manager
-Lighthouse Counseling & Family Resource Center
Description, compensation and benefits:
Lighthouse Counseling & Family Resource Center is seeking volunteer(s) (unpaid) for the position of In-Kind Donation Manager.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
In-Kind Donation Manager will work individually or as a team with staff to organize Lighthouse's in-kind donations.
Assist with storage, organization, labeling and categorizing of items in the Family Resource Center and storage areas.
Assist with intake of donated items and making records of said items.
Duties of the position include:
- Organization of a variety of items, including clothing, diapers, toys, and books
- Cleaning and folding donated items as necessary
- Grouping and categorizing of items
- Deciding which items will be kept at Lighthouse, what they will be used for and when/if they will be given to clients
- Donating items to other groups or organizations as necessary
- Building and maintaining an up-to-date inventory of all in-kind items
- Perform other related duties as requested
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Commitment of at least 1-2 hours per month with 1 hour per week preferred
- Typically, between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm Monday through Friday (flexible hours available on a case by case basis)
About the organization:
Lighthouse Counseling & Family Resource Center became a 501c3 non-profit in 2005. Lighthouse’s mission is to strengthen families and improve the physical and emotional well-being of residents of Placer County by providing counseling, education, and easy access to community based resources.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon