Volunteer Event Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
This is a part time volunteer position, starting immediately, located in Roseville, CA. Most of the duties of this role can be done from a home office with regular reporting to the Development Associate via email and phone calls.
The Volunteer Event Coordinator will assist the Development Associate in procurement of fundraising and special event donations as well as miscellaneous event and organizational support. The Volunteer Event Coordinator is responsible for the following:
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Identify corporate, business and individual cash and in-kind donor prospects. Utilize various research tools. Collect pertinent data related to prospects. Organize and report data and findings,
• Establish and maintain relationships with donors/ sponsors,
• Support Development Associate in securing and delivering in-kind donations,
• Provide support for fundraisers and special events: task completion, facilitation; communications, volunteer outreach,
• Write and prepare corporate donation requests (cash and in-kind). Contact potential donors (cash and in-kind) and request donations. Develop and maintain relationships with prospective and existing donors.
• Maintain and update prospect contact list and in-kind forms and provide to Development Associate each Thursday, end of business,
• Send thank-you letters and other pertinent correspondence to donors/funders as needed, creating stewardship for donors that effectively and enthusiastically convey the organization’s appreciation,
• Timely processing of gifts and follow-up correspondence.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Must have experience with the Microsoft Office suite of software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, • Must be proficient in navigating the World Wide Web, • Must have experience providing office administrative support, • Must have ability to handle stress and deadlines with tact and an even temperament, • Must have a strong sense of accountability and responsibility for results, • Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, • Must be able to utilize a personal computer for extended periods of time, • Must be able to communicate via the telephone, • Ability to follow oral and written instructions, • Must have a sense of humor, positive attitude, and willingness to work in a collaborative environment.
To apply, please email your resume or Letter of Interest to Debbie Harrell, Volunteer Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-724-5073. A volunteer application and orientation are required.
Disclaimer: This is a volunteer position that is an unpaid position. This position can be terminated at any time. This position is responsible for understanding and upholding
KidsFirst policies and procedures and to know what is expected as a volunteer of KidsFirst.