Financial Stability Network - Financial Stability Instructor
Financial Stability Instructor Volunteer
The Financial Stability Network provides pro-bono (Free) financial services to those who otherwise would not have access to financial education and mentoring. The mission of the Financial Stability Network is to assist low to moderate income families and individuals with increasing income and building assets.
The Financial Stability Instructor will teach classes on a variety of personal financial topics including budgeting, savings, credit reports, credit cards and other financial topics to community organizations, transition housing groups and churches.
The Financial Stability Instructor will be responsible for:
- Teaching courses on personal finance topics such as budgeting, credit and others
- Reading the training, slides, instructor guide and participant guide.
- Meeting with the leadership at the site they will be giving the training
- Providing the training to class participants.
Desired Skills, Experience & Characteristics:
- Desire to teach financial information/skills to participants
- Financial experience either through financial education or financial experience
- Organized and able to communicate well
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite and internet skills
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older
- Financial education and/or experience
- Satisfaction from conveying the financial information to the participants
- Improved communication skills and teaching abilities
- Opportunity to meet people from all walks of life
- Volunteers will participate in Catholic Charities Volunteer Orientation
- The Manager of Financial Education will go through the material with instructors and attend the first class if needed. The instructor guide is very detailed and self-explanatory.
- Volunteers will teach a 90-minute course
- Course schedule dates and times vary
- Volunteers can serve at various locations
- Apply to serve in this role; click the Fill in an application button to the right to submit your application
- Then, join us for Volunteer Orientation to learn more about this role and begin the volunteer onboarding process