COVID-19 Volunteer Activities - Employment Volunteer during COVID-19
Employment Volunteer during Covid-19
The Employment Volunteer will provide support to the Employment Specialists in DC and Gaithersburg while helping the clients in submitting their unemployment documentation online. This service will be done one on one with the clients assigned by the Employment Specialists, via phone and online.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and direct help to clients having to fill unemployment forms online.
- Provide Job Readiness and job counseling to clients of Employment Program.
- Collaborate with team members from the Workforce Development program such us case managers and workforce development managers to ensure clients have needed resources and support to solicit unemployment.
- Report accurate statistics including program outputs and outcomes to the Employment Specialists.
- Participate in quality improvement and actively comply with quality improvement initiatives.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Characteristics:
- Bilingual speaker (English-Spanish)
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form
- Ability to use good problem-solving techniques
- Ability to work effectively with clients in a diverse community
- Ability to work well independently and with a team
- Skill in record keeping and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritize assignments
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- 18 years or older.
- 2 years of experience working with immigrant and Latino population in a social service setting.
- 1 -year experience in job development.
- 5 hours a day Monday through Friday
- The volunteer will serve remotely.