SMM Hickey Center - St. Maria's Meals Wednesday Dinner
The Saint Maria's Meals Program was created in order to meet the needs of individuals and families by providing a warm and nutritious meal. Every Wednesday night outside the Catholic Charities Hickey Center, Saint Maria's Meals feeds men and women in need, many of whom experience homelessness.
Volunteers serve meals to participants, assist in the set up and assist in the breakdown of the weekly program. Saint Maria's volunteers can be found not only serving meals to those in need, but sharing stories, smiles and words of encouragement with participants. Adaptable volunteers are needed to meet and feed those in need.
Please note volunteers under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Please pay attention to the weather forecast and dress accordingly; St. Maria's Meals takes place outside.
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
- All volunteers must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. Your vaccination card or a photo of the vaccination card will suffice. Please note that starting September 19 this will be a requirement.
- Bring and wear a mask or face cover for the duration of your shift
- Participate in health screening questions upon arrival
- Maintain physical distancing while volunteering
- Follow staff/safety monitor's instructions
Location: 924 G Street NW, Washington, DC 20001
- Are you 10 or older? Must be Yes
- Are you 16 or older? If not, will you be accompanied by an adult? Must be at least No, I am younger than 16 and will be accompanied by an adult
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Wednesday, October 27, 2021||4:15 PM||6:15 PM|
|Wednesday, November 03, 2021||4:15 PM||6:15 PM|
|Wednesday, November 10, 2021||4:15 PM||6:15 PM|
|Wednesday, November 17, 2021||4:15 PM||6:15 PM|
|Wednesday, November 24, 2021||4:15 PM||6:15 PM|