Montgomery County Family Center - Produce Mobile Market
Produce Mobile Market
Once a month, the Capital Area Food Bank's Mobile Market comes to the Catholic Charities Center. Within 3 hours, 8,000+ pounds of free, fresh produce is distributed to about 250 low-income individuals and families in Montgomery County. We rely on the help of volunteers to make this possible!
Volunteers collect client data, hand out numbers, distribute food, and assist with set up and clean up. Activities will include lifting and bending. Our community needs this help now more than ever. Join us on the the third Tuesday of the month to help bring needed healthy foods to our neighbors.
- High school students may participate if they are accompanied by an adult and bring a completed Parent Guardian Waiver.
- Ability to lift boxes and stand outside for approximately 3 hours
- Volunteer's household showed no COVID-19 like symptoms for the last 14 days
- Bring and wear a face cover/face mask
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
- Register online for a shift
- Bring and wear a mask or face cover for the duration of your shift
- Participate in health screening questions upon arrival
- Maintain physical distancing while volunteering
- Follow staff/safety monitor's instructions
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Tuesday, November 02, 2021||9:30 AM||12:00 PM|
|Tuesday, December 07, 2021||9:30 AM||12:00 PM|