Montgomery County Medical Clinic - Montgomery County RN/LPN
Montgomery County RN/LPN
Catholic Charities’ Montgomery County Medical Clinic provides access to primary care for adults and children, sub‐acute ambulatory care, health education and disease management. We serve people of all ages who are low‐income and uninsured and provide low‐cost, patient-centered primary and specialty care services on‐site.
Registered Nurses (RN) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) are needed to serve at our Montgomery County Catholic Charities Medical Clinic. These volunteers will help respond to medical phone calls, triage patients, refer patients for future care, follow up on patient applications and educate patients about health issues.
RNs/LPNs will be responsible for:
- Responding to medical phone calls
- Referring patients for future care
- Following up on patient applications
- Educating patients about health issues
Desired Skills, Experience & Characteristics:
- Great customer service skills
- Experience working with underserved clients
- A professional attitude
- Volunteers must have RN or LPN licensure
- Must be able to communicate in Spanish at the intermediate level or higher.
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older
- An opportunity to meet new people from all walks of life
- A better awareness of those in your community
- Time commitment will vary depending on the professional’s availability
Location: Catholic Charities Center, 12247 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20902
- Parking is available in front of the facility
- Also accessible through the DC Metro Rail Red Line Glenmont station and the Y2/Y7 bus
- Apply to serve in this role; click the Fill in an application button to the right to submit your application
- Then, join us for Volunteer Orientation to learn more about this role and begin the volunteer onboarding process