Food Distribution - Food Distribution
SHARE Food Distribution
Thousands of families count on SHARE each month for affordable, nutritious groceries that are sold through volunteer-run locations throughout the Washington metropolitan area.
Join us on the 2nd or 3rd Saturday of the month to assist with the distribution of food. Volunteers will assist senior citizens, load vehicles with food packages, make sure people get the correct amount of food items, and greet individuals and community groups who come to SHARE to pick up their food packages. Repeatedly lifting 20-30lbs may be required. Join us for an experience that is fun and rewarding while making a difference in your community.
Please arrive at 5:30AM - that's when we need your help! Start your day off right with volunteering.
COVID-19 Volunteer Precautions:
- Following CDC recommendations, we suggest all volunteers be between the ages of 18 and 65 years of age. High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver form.
- Volunteers will have their temperature taken upon arrival and sent home if they have a fever.
- Volunteers must bring and wear a mask for the duration of their shift.
The SHARE Food Network is located at 3222 Hubbard Road, Landover, MD 20785.
- Are you 10 or older? Must be Yes
- Are you 16 or older? If not, will you be accompanied by an adult? Must be at least Yes, I will be accompanied by an adult
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Friday, August 21, 2020||9:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Saturday, August 22, 2020||5:30 AM||10:30 AM|
|Saturday, September 26, 2020||5:30 AM||10:30 AM|
|Saturday, October 24, 2020||5:30 AM||10:30 AM|