SHARE - Food Distribution
SHARE Food Distribution
Thousands of families count on SHARE each month for affordable, nutritious groceries that are sold through volunteer-run locations throughout the Washington metropolitan area.
Join us on a Friday or Saturday (or both!) to assist with the distribution of food. Volunteers will assist senior citizens, load vehicles with food packages, make sure people get the correct amount of food items, and greet individuals and community groups who come to SHARE to pick up their food packages. Repeatedly lifting 20-30 lbs may be required. Join us for an experience that is fun and rewarding while making a difference in your community.
All volunteers must wear tennis shoes or work boots. For Saturday Distribution, please arrive at 5:00 AM - start your day off right by volunteering!
COVID-19 Volunteer Precautions:
- High school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver form.
- Volunteers will have their temperature taken upon arrival and sent home if they have a fever.
- Volunteers must bring and wear a mask for the duration of their shift.
- Volunteers must wash their hands after signing in and before handling food.
- Present proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. Your vaccination card or a photo of the vaccination card will suffice. Required; effective September 19, 2021.
The SHARE Food Network is located at 3222 Hubbard Road, Landover, MD 20785.
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Friday, October 22, 2021||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
|Saturday, October 23, 2021||5:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Friday, November 19, 2021||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
|Saturday, November 20, 2021||5:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Friday, December 17, 2021||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
|Saturday, December 18, 2021||5:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Friday, January 21, 2022||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
|Saturday, January 22, 2022||5:00 AM||1:00 PM|