COVID-19 Volunteer Activities - Wednesday: Food Distribution Volunteer
Wednesday: Food Distribution Volunteer
Join Catholic Charities at their Spanish Catholic Center location in DC to assist with the weekly food distribution. Now more than ever we need volunteers to assist our operations as more and more people in our community begin to rely upon local food donation centers to feed their families.
Volunteers who are screened and cleared will assist staff to hand bagged food to clients who are in line.
Where: 3149 16th Street NW, Limited parking available.
When: Every other Wednesday 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 5 volunteers per shift will work with staff
- Hand bagged food to people who are in line
- Maintain physical distance and wear a face cover and gloves
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
- All volunteers must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. Your vaccination card or a photo of the vaccination card will suffice. Please note that starting September 19 this will be a requirement.
- Participate in health screening questions upon arrival.
- Bring and wear a mask or face cover
- Maintain physical distance
- Follow staff/safety monitor's instructions
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- Helpful and cooperative and a calm demeanor.
- Able to follow directions and maintain a safe environment.
- Able to stand for approximately 3 hrs.
- Able to lift approximately 15 pounds at a time and lighter weights repeatedly.
- Volunteers should be 18 years or older; high school students can participate if accompanied by an adult and they bring a Parent Guardian Waiver form.
- Everyone in the volunteer's household is free from COVID-19 symptoms
- Volunteers are able to provide their own face covering AND wear it for the duration of their shift.
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Wednesday, October 27, 2021||8:30 AM||12:00 PM|
|Wednesday, November 03, 2021||8:45 AM||11:30 AM|
|Wednesday, December 15, 2021||8:45 AM||11:45 AM|