Montgomery County Family Center - MCFC COVID-19 Food Distribution Volunteers
COVID-19 Food Distribution
Montgomery County Family Center has joined efforts with Catholic Charities' SHARE Food Warehouse to distribute boxes of frozen protein, produce, and staple food items to the clients of the MCFC Food Pantry. Volunteers will make it possible to distribute these needed food items to over 300 families!
Volunteers will help prepare and distribute food boxes to each family who arrives. Volunteers should be ready to lift boxes, food, and be outside for 2-3 hours.
- High school students may participate if they are accompanied by an adult and bring a completed Parent Guardian Waiver.
- Ability to lift boxes and stand outside for approximately 3 hours
- Volunteer's household showed no COVID-19 like symptoms for the last 14 days
- Bring and wear a face cover/face mask
Safety measures to mitigate COVID-19:
- All volunteers must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon arrival. Your vaccination card or a photo of the vaccination card will suffice. Please note that starting September 19 this will be a requirement.
- Bring and wear a mask or face cover for the duration of your shift
- Participate in health screening questions upon arrival
- Maintain physical distancing while volunteering
- Follow staff/safety monitor's instructions
Location: Montgomery County Family Center Food Pantry, 12247 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Tuesday, October 26, 2021||9:30 AM||12:00 PM|
|Tuesday, November 09, 2021||9:30 AM||12:00 PM|
|Tuesday, December 14, 2021||9:30 AM||12:00 PM|