Food Pantry - Food Pantry Volunteer
Food Pantry Volunteer
The Catholic Charities Center serves low income individuals or families in need living in Montgomery County. The Choice Pantry allows clients to pick out their own food offering them dignity and respect, the ability to make food selections according to their diet and need, and increases client satisfaction.
Food Pantry Volunteers will explain the policies of the food pantry to 1st time shoppers; assist clients with food choices when necessary; check-out clients (calculate food amounts, record amounts, bagging); organize and stock shelves; monitor expiration dates.
Food Pantry Volunteers will be responsible for:
- Greeting and assisting people in picking up their food
- Check out clients
- Organize and stock food shelves
Desired Skills, Experience & Characteristics:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and engaging
- Comfortable explaining and enforcing pantry policies
- Must be 18 years or older
- The volunteer will assist Catholic Charities in providing hunger relief, while allowing clients to experience self-determination, dignity and respect
- The volunteer will participate in Catholic Charities Volunteer Orientation
- The volunteer will receive on-site training at the Catholic Charities Center
- Volunteers will have on-site supervision
- Volunteers will serve on Monday mornings
- Volunteers will serve during the 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM or 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM shifts.
Location: Catholic Charities Center, 12247 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20902
- Parking is available in front of the facility
- Also accessible via the DC Metro Rail Red Line Glenmont station and the Y2/Y7 bus
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon