Financial Stability Network - Financial Stability Mentor
Financial Stability Mentor Volunteer
The Financial Stability Network provides pro-bono (free) financial services to those who otherwise would not have access to financial education and mentoring. The mission of the Financial Stability Network is to assist low to moderate income families and individuals with increasing income and building assets.
Financial Stability Network Mentors act as coaches to low to moderate income individuals, assisting them in achieving their financial goals. The mentor and client use a software platform, MyBudgetCoach, to guide them through twelve 1-1.5 hour coaching sessions that focus on assisting the client in tracking their spending in order to meet budget goals.
Financial Stability Mentors will be responsible for:
- Meeting one-on-one with clients monthly to assist them in reaching financial goals
- Using the MyBudgetCoach software to facilitate client financial progress
Desired Skills, Experience & Characteristics:
- Organized and able to communicate well
- Experience with financial management/budgeting
- Volunteers must 18 years or older
- Great opportunity to network with other finance and accounting professionals in the D.C. Metro area
- Improved communication and mentoring skills
- Volunteers will participate in Catholic Charities Volunteer Orientation
- Volunteers will participate in a training session on coaching and how to use the software platform
- Volunteers will be supported by the Financial Stability Network Team
- Volunteers will meet with clients once a month for 1-1.5 hour coaching sessions
- Volunteers must commit for a 1-year service term
- Coaching sessions will be held at a time and place mutually convenient to the coach and client. During COVID-19, mentors will utilize video conferencing technology such as Zoom or Google Meetings to allow for face time with their client
- Due Oct. 18: Fill out an application
- Oct. 9 - 23: Matching Expectations conversation with Catholic Charities staff
- Oct. 29 - Nov. 17: Attend virtual Volunteer Orientation and complete screenings
- Mid November: Begin volunteering!