Financial Stability Network - Financial Stability Mentor
Financial Stability Mentor Volunteer
The Financial Stability Network provides pro-bono (Free) financial services to those who otherwise would not have access to financial education and mentoring. The mission of the Financial Stability Network is to assist low to moderate income families and individuals with increasing income and building assets.
Financial Stability Network Mentors act as coaches to low to moderate income individuals, assisting them in achieving their financial goals. The mentor and client use a software platform, MyBudgetCoach, to guide them through twelve 1-1.5 hour coaching sessions that focus on assisting the client in tracking their spending in order to meet budget goals.
Financial Stability Mentors will be responsible for:
- Meeting one-on-one with clients monthly to assist them in reaching financial goals
- Using the MyBudgetCoach software to facilitate client financial progress
Desired Skills, Experience & Characteristics:
- Organized and able to communicate well
- Experience with financial management/budgeting
- Volunteers must 18 years or older
- An opportunity to meet new people from all walks of life
- Improved communication and mentoring skills
- Volunteers will participate in Catholic Charites Volunteer Orientation
- Volunteers will participate in a training session on coaching and how to use the software platform
- Volunteers will meet with clients once a month for 1-1.5 hour coaching sessions
- Volunteers must commit for a 1-year service term
- Coaching sessions will be held at a time and place mutually convenient to the coach and client
- Apply to serve in this role; click the Fill in an application button to the right to submit your application
- Then, join us for Volunteer Orientation to learn more about this role and begin the volunteer onboarding process
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account