Hope Corps Volunteer Leader - Hope Corps Shelter 101 Volunteer Leader
Catholic Charities’ Volunteer Services is recruiting energetic and reliable volunteers to serve on the 2018 Hope Corps! The Hope Corps members help Catholic Charities’ programs engage volunteers in impactful, recurring volunteer projects.
The Shelter 101 leaders will serve in a team to lead volunteers in a project at the New York Avenue Men's Shelter or the 801 East Men's Shelter once a month (on the 1st or 2nd Saturday of the month). At this project, the Hope Corps Members will work with staff to introduce volunteers to the reality of homelessness in DC – showing them a new environment, sharing about a typical day at the shelter, and answering questions. Leaders will also help volunteers do some much needed cleaning around the Shelter.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Instructions to Apply for this Volunteer Role:
- If you see a green “Fill in an application” button to the right, click it and follow the prompts to sign up
After You Apply, Sign Up for this Volunteer Role:
- Scroll down to the “Schedule” heading and click the “+ Sign Up” button to register. You’ll learn more about this role and your next steps at Volunteer Orientation.
If you have any additional questions, contact us at volunteer@CC-DC.org.
- Are you 18 or older? Must be Yes
- Are you interested in committing to a regular, ongoing volunteer role with Catholic Charities? Must be Yes
This activity generally occurs on
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account