SHARE Financial Volunteer
SHARE Food Network is an enterprise of Catholic Charities, selling food on a non-emergency, monthly basis to anyone in the community. SHARE offers healthy food at a 40-50% savings over retail.
Share is seeking a volunteer who will review accounts in Geneva Business Management Software, compare them with paper files, and create spreadsheets of payment history for 250 host sites. Once accurate account balances are determined, they may be tasked with making collections calls, if comfortable doing so. By having a clean AR, account by account, SHARE’s staff can confidently work with each host site to make back payments. This will allow for clean client financials to enter into the new software program SHARE hopes to install within the next 6 months.
The SHARE Financial Volunteer will:
- Audit each account electronically and on paper
- Create a spreadsheet for each account
- Help make collections calls
- Help with data entry into new software
Desired Skills, Experience & Characteristics:
- Someone with a heart for community
- Passion for helping underserved persons access healthy food at affordable prices
- Administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Research Skills
- Finance or accounting abilities are not essential, but are welcome
- This role is suitable for retirees or financial professionals
- Volunteer must be age 25 or older
- Volunteers will be recognized in SHARE’s newsletter
- Volunteers will receive free produce monthly, including a November Thanksgiving package
- Training and supervision provided by SHARE staff and veteran volunteers
- Volunteer will work at a designated work space
- One eight-hour day per week (ideally on Thursdays, but flexible) during 9am-5pm business hours; If volunteer is interested in more than 8 hours per week, that can be negotiated.
- Project is anticipated to last 6-9 months
- 3222 Hubbard Road, Landover/Hyattsville MD
- Ample free parking is available
- SHARE is accessible by Metro (Landover and New Carrollton Stations) then bus. Driving is most convenient, and parking is plentiful and free.
- To apply to serve in this role, click the Fill in an application button to the right to submit your application
- Then, join us for volunteer orientation to learn more about this role and begin the volunteer onboarding process
- Once you attend volunteer orientation, we will begin the screening process, and arrange for your further training
- Can you volunteer at a location in Prince George's County, MD? Must be Yes
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account