SMM Hickey Center - Bike Brigade Volunteer for St. Maria's Meals
Bike Brigade Volunteer for St. Maria’s Meals
Bike Brigade Volunteers will ride 1 of 2 adult tricycles to deliver meals to men and women living in the streets close by to the Catholic Charities Hickey Center located downtown at 924 G Street NW. This role will help us to expand our outreach to those individuals living on the streets who are hungry and to share with them the other other services they can access at Catholic Charities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver meals by bike within a mile radius from The Hickey Center
- Build relationships with those experiencing homelessness
- Share other resources Catholic Charities has to offer with those they meet
- Comfort riding a tricycle downtown DC
- 18 years of age or older
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- Interpersonal skills
- Adaptable to change
- Calm demeanor
- Friendly and outgoing
- Prior to riding the tricycle, we ask that new volunteers practice riding down the sidewalk street, review route, and receive street outreach training.
- Catholic Charities will map the route beforehand
- Supervisor will be at Hickey Center & available by phone during volunteer event
- The Hickey Center, 924 G St. NW, Washington, DC 20001
- Limited metered street parking; garage parking with fee
- Metro Center and Gallery-Place (Blue, Orange, Silver, Red, Yellow, Green)
Time Commitment: 2 volunteers needed every Wednesday around 1:30PM - 2:30PM (time is flexible if bringing two volunteers).
Supervisor: Tom Roddy, St. Maria’s Meals Program Manager, Thomas.Roddy@cc-dc.org
Next Steps: Click the green "Fill in an application button" on the right hand side, submit an application, and sign up for a shift!
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Wednesday, December 04, 2019||1:30 PM||2:30 PM|
|Wednesday, December 11, 2019||1:30 PM||2:30 PM|
|Wednesday, January 08, 2020||1:30 PM||2:30 PM|
|Wednesday, January 15, 2020||1:30 PM||2:30 PM|
|Wednesday, January 22, 2020||1:30 PM||2:30 PM|
|Wednesday, January 29, 2020||1:30 PM||2:30 PM|