Sign up now for this one-off volunteering opportunity - Spitfire 10K Race Crew
How loud can you cheer?!
If very loud is the answer to that question then come and cheer our runners on as a Spitfire 10K volunteer. Come on your own, as a group or with your family or friends (16yrs + only), and volunteer together for this great one-off volunteering opportunity.
The Spitfire 10K takes place on Saturday 31 August, as a race marshal we ask you to arrive at 8.00am to make sure you are properly briefed by our Race Management Company. It’s an early start but well worth it to be part of this amazing event. No experience is necessary. All we ask is that you are positioned on the route and cheer runners on, making sure that they are safe and have a fantastic time.
Runner takes part for different reasons, whether that’s fundraising, health, challenging themselves or just for fun. But what all our runners have in common is the names they wear as they run, those who flew during the Battle of Britain 79 years ago this year.
The race will start in the middle of our ‘airfield’ and runners will have the chance to run past our Spitfire Gate Guardian, around the streets of Colindale where the historic London Aerodrome once stood, before running back on site and through Hangar One underneath our Sunderland Flying Boat.
Sign up now and have something fun to look forward to!
We are now offering Running Clubs two free places if you can sign up 10 marshals to support the Spitfire 10K.
Between now and the race, we will keep you up-to-date with emails, letting you know how many runner have signed up and any other interesting information.
A week before the race, we will give you a call, check you still can come and run through a few important bits of information.
- Cheer and encourage our runners and be a friendly face throughout the event
- answer any questions that a visitor might have, and be happy to point them in the right direction if you are unsure of the answer
- help set-up and pack down events
You will be:
- confident in engaging and approaching our visitors
- able to work as a team
- punctual and able to fulfil the hours that we ask
- personable, friendly and approachable
- Over the age of 16 (we will seek parental consent if you are aged 16 or 17 years old)
- Able to be standing for a maximum of 2 hours
- Able to get to the marshal point assigned
There will be a mandatory phone call the week before the event (we will contact you to arrange a time) and then you will need to be on site for 8.00am on Saturday 31 August.
On the day of the Spitfire 10K:
- A light breakfast will be provided
- Briefing at 8.00am
- You will be issued a high vis vest to wear during the event, which you will sign for
- You will be out on the course and in position for 9.30am and back at 11.30am
Commitment and hours:
You must be able to commit to arriving at 8.00am on Saturday 31 August. If you can no longer make the event, please let us know in advance.
Travel and food expenses will be reimbursed up to £10.00 per day, in line with our policy. A light breakfast will also be provided on Saturday morning.
We welcome applications from people of all interests, abilities, backgrounds and communities.
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Saturday, August 31, 2019||8:00 AM||11:30 AM|