Mission Australia - Volunteer Hairdresser/Barber
Volunteer Hairdresser / Barber
Section/Unit: Villawood Community Hairdresser / Barber
Location: The Urana Hub, 7 Urana Street, Villawood
Overall Supervision: Mission Australia
Are you a practicing and/or qualified hairdresser or barber? Have you wanted to get out and give back to the community but didn’t know how or where to start? Well come and join us at the Urana Street Hub and give back to the local residents and families! The Urana Hub is a safe and up and coming place for residents in Villawood to come, have a yarn and reconnect to their community over a cup of coffee. You would be giving back to those who are sleeping rough, families living in supported housing and residents who cannot afford a simple haircut. Not only will you be changing their physical appearance, but giving them back some confidence with a new do!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supply all tools needed
- Be friendly, respectful and open to all residents, families and children
This position is suitable for:
- Qualified hairdressers or barbers
- Someone who is practicing or has previous experience and can cut and trim hair confidently without supervision
- Someone who is compassionate/social and wanting to give back to those who need it most
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Police Check
- Volunteer Working with Children check (WWC)
- Own equipment (space provided)
The Urana Hub is one of peace and equality; all races, gender and religions are welcome and respected.
Start Date: Immediate Start. This is an ongoing position, beginning for 2 hours every fortnight on a Thursday afternoon. Frequency and time negotiable.