Centre Positions - CANN S- HOPP Position
Centre Positions – CANN S-HOP DRIVER
Position Title: CANN S-HOP Driver (Community Accessing Nearly New Second – Hand Opportunity Project) Driver to assist with running a stall
Section/Unit: Chester Hill Neighbourhood Centre
Responsible to: Aged Care & Volunteer Coordinator Email: email@example.com & Chester Hill Neighbourhood Centre Management Committee
Volunteer Driver to deliver, set up, sell and pack up preloved and new goods to Aged Care Homes for residents, relatives and staff to buy the items. Support other volunteers to run the CANN S-HOP run by Chester Hill Neighbourhood Centre. This position is based at Chester Hill Neighbourhood Centre, 89 – 91 Waldron Rd, Chester Hill, Phone 02 9645 3700.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Volunteer driver, delivering, loading and selling pre-oved and new items position responsibilities are:
- Assist with loading CHNC van safety for the delivery and setting up for CANN S-HOP at designated Aged Care Home – in Canterbury Bankstown area.
- Check with Aged Care Homes the day before for times and where to set up Cann shop.
- Check to make sure residents, staff and relatives will be at the facility at the time of running the activity, to participate and purchase goods.
- Disregard any, broken or unsafe items.
- Keep items (clothes, shoes, brick & brac) stored safely, neat and tidy when transporting and at the facility.
- Use direct route when driving to and from the Aged Care Home.
- Count and collect money at the end of the day with another CHNC volunteer.
- Other duties as required by the Manager and Management Committee.
- Work within policies and procedure of Chester Hill Neighbourhood Centre e.g. Work, Health & Safety.
- Have a current full driver’s license.
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
· Police Check
· Working with Children check (WWC)
*Chester Hill Neighbourhood Centre FREE for volunteers.
· Commitment to participate in training, development and support meetings.
We promote diversity and practice equity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Start Date: This is an ongoing, open position.