Wellness - Social Inclusion and Wellness Program
Wellness – Social Inclusion and Wellness Program
Position Title: Social Inclusion and Wellness Volunteer
Section/Unit: Canterbury City Community Centre
Direct Supervision: Social Inclusion and Wellness Support Worker
Overall Supervision: Social Inclusion and Wellness Coordinator
- Provide social contact and friendly interaction to well-aged & frail aged in the community who are socially isolated or at risk of being socially isolated.
- Support clients to participate in social & leisure activities of interest at home or in the community.
- Adhere to the policy and procedures and the code of behaviour of Canterbury City Community Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up activities in preparation for the day as directed
- Assist clients from their homes and into the vehicle and from the vehicle and into their homes after the activity.
- Assist with morning or afternoon tea or lunch
- Assist clients with activities as directed.
- Deliver specific activities as directed.
- Support clients to the bathroom as required
- Packing up and cleaning up after activities.
- Any other duties as directed by your supervisor.
- Assist clients from their homes and into the vehicle, and from the vehicle and into their homes after the outing.
- Support clients while at the venue, including to the bathroom as required, as directed by supervisor.
Home Visiting/Accompanied Activities:
- With reference to clients’ Care Plan interact with client according to their interests.
- Assist with shopping to the vehicle and into client’s home
- Providing a range of activities and interaction for residents, according to resident’s choice.
- To provide a pleasant telephone interaction for clients on waiting list or taking leave from service, as directed.
- To provide safe and reliable transport to clients participating in services
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Ability to relate well to clients and other staff and volunteers
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Reliability as a team member
- Understanding of the importance of the principle of consumer directed care
- Ability to assist with or present activities as directed
- Commitment to participate in training, development and support meetings.
- Participation in “Volunteer Essentials” training within 3 months of commencing role is a requirement.
We promote diversity and practice equity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Start Date: This is an ongoing, open position.