Transportation Services - Ongoing: Hastings Family Services - Just Friends Volunteer Driver
The essential function of this position is to provide safe rides for Just Friends riders.
The Just Friends volunteer driver interacts with staff, volunteers, and Just Friends riders with strict confidentiality, professionalism, and respect.
- Uphold the mission and values of Hastings Family Service
- Treat all riders, volunteers, and staff with respect and kindness.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Drive riders to and from their requested appointments on time.
- Contact rider at least 24 hours in advance of their ride to arrange a pick-up time.
- Ensure a safe drive by obeying all driving and traffic laws, making sure both the driver and rider are properly wearing a seatbelt, and not using a cell phone while driving.
- Providing a smoke free vehicle for rider during the time of the drive.
- Assist riders getting from their residence, in and out of vehicle, and into their appointment facility as needed.
- Accept no direct payment of gifts from riders.
- Record all mileage turn it into Just Friends Coordinator by the 5th of the month.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, current registration, and current auto insurance.
- Must complete a criminal background check.
- This position is flexible and can vary from week to week.
- A minimum of a four month commitment is strongly
Volunteer and Communications Coordinator
DISCLAIMER: This position is not with Dakota County Volunteers but with another organization located in Dakota County. You may have to complete additional registration/documentation with the organization to fully apply for this opening. The organizations that host these opportunities take full responsibility for the organization and management of the opportunities listed above.
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes