American Red Cross - On-site Blood Donations - American Red Cross Disaster Action Team Member
This position supports the Regional Disaster department. This opportunity requires participation in in-person activities and/or performing work in a Red Cross facility. To serve on a Disaster Action Team as a worker on a DAT response to provide 24-hour immediate support and assistance to individuals and families who have been impacted by a home fire or other local disaster.
Throughout Dakota County and the Twin Cities Metro region.
- Works as part of an assigned team to respond to local disasters within two hours.
- Has access to RC Care and can directly enter case data.
- Works with on-scene lead to assess whether additional resources/support are required and communicates those needs to DAT Leadership.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
- Commits to being available during assigned shifts and communicates scheduling conflicts with DAT Leadership.
- Demonstrated commitment to mission of the American Red Cross
- Remains current with all required training.
- Able to respond reliably to local disasters when on call.
- Able to follow Red Cross DAT and other related standards and procedures.
- Reliable access to technology (including smartphone and laptop or computer)
- Ability to learn and use Red Cross systems, including RC Care and RC Respond and online interfaces.
- Ability to work in challenging and stressful conditions such as poor air quality, uneven ground, adverse weather, etc.
- Must have a valid driver's license and/or a timely, reliable way to get to the scene.
- Ability to take direction from steady state and operational leadership.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview
- Disaster Action Team Fundamentals
- RC Respond: Overview
Zack Ernst | American Red Cross
1201 West River Parkway | Minneapolis, MN 55454
612.463.6587 | email@example.com
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account