One-Time Roadside Cleanups - One-Time Roadside Cleanups
Help us keep our roadways clean. Volunteers looking to collect litter along designated segments of County highways can help without adopting a section of road or forming a group. Coordination of the program and supplies (safety vests, trash bags and training) are provided by Dakota County Transportation staff.
- Keeps our local roadsides beautiful and free of litter
- Helps remove harmful pollutants and substances
- Prevents litter from obstructing vehicle and pedestrian traffic
- Great public service project for groups and families
- Saves taxpayers money each year
Duties & Responsibilities
- Individuals and/or groups notify county staff of desired section they would like to clean on a one-time basis.
- All participants must review the safety information provided by Dakota County Transportation.
- Group sizes can vary per cleanup.
- Adults need to accompany anyone 17 years old or younger.
- Individuals are expected to log onto the county volunteer website (Better Impact) to record pickup location, hours, and location of trash bags.
Minimum Time Commitment
1 - 3 hours per cleanup
Easy - May include light work or walking short distances over relatively level terrain. Comfortable shoes recommended.
To apply, fill out a volunteer application. Once your application is approved, you will be ready to pick up supplies and begin your one-time cleanup.
Garrett Zaffke | Community Relations and Volunteer Services Coordinator
Dakota County Communications
1590 Highway 55| Hastings, MN 55033
Direct: (651) 438-4635 | Fax: (651) 438-4405 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account