Citizen Advisory Committees - Youth Citizen Advisory Committees: Library Advisory Committee
Looking to make a difference in your county? High school age students (residing in Dakota County) can serve on the County Board's Library Advisory Committee and the Art Advisory Committee. If you enjoy books, media, technology, or art, and would like to participate in local government initiatives, this is the opportunity for you.
Library Advisory Committee meetings are held six times a year on the 2nd Thursday at 5:30 PM at various library locations in Dakota County. This Committee has the following responsibilities:
- Review and make decisions on disputed material
- Advise the Library Director in the development of public programming for library services
- Develop recommended annual work plans for the Committee
- Review and make recommendations on long-range plans for the Library
- Accept gifts of up to $500 for public library purposes
- Must be a resident of Dakota County
- Must be a High School student or of High School age
- Must complete application process
To find out which Citizen Advisory Committees have positions, see the Committee Vacancy page.
How to apply
1. Complete an Open Appointment Application form.
2. Sign the application.
3. Send the application form to:
Sr. Administrative Coordinator to the Board
1590 Highway 55
Hastings, MN 55033-2343
You may apply at any time. While most citizen appointments are made in January, mid-year vacancies occasionally require appointments at other times of the year. Your application will be kept on file for one year.
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes