Dakota County 4-H Outreach Programs - Dakota County 4-H Youth Program Leaders
Dakota County 4-H is a positive youth development organization serving grades K-13. Our programs teach youth to learn, lead, explore, and have fun! We are part of the University of Minnesota Extension program which makes a great addition to resumes and college portfolios! All lesson plans, supplies, and materials are provided. You could be leading small groups through activities like messy experiments, STEM activities, or a cooking challenge. No experience necessary.
Events are available throughout the year. Follow the volunteer link below to access events across the Dakota County area. Sign up for as few or as many events as you wish. Staff are present at all events to ensure they go smoothly and safely.
Information about 4-H Volunteering - https://extension.umn.edu/4-h-volunteers/volunteer-4-h
Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-Lead a small group of youth (grades K-5) through a fun-filled activities. Have an interested friend? You could lead together!
- Encourage youth to try new things and make new friends.
- Keep youth safe by helping them follow directions for activities.
- Follow Dakota County 4-H policies and respect onsite staff instruction.
Moderate - This position may require standing, walking, and sitting on hard and uneven surfaces. Wear comfortable shoes. Time may be spent inside and outside, including in sunny, grassy spaces.
- Maximum age is 18 years old.
- Enjoy working with kids.
- Enroll in 4honline (no fees or dues collected) 24 hours prior to event. Contact Kirsten for details.
Minimum Time Commitment
Varies with each event.
Please register at least 24 hours prior to an event date.
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes