Park User Counts Volunteers
Help Dakota County Parks collect vital data that is used for acquiring grant funding to use for our park programs. Volunteers will help county staff by counting all people entering parks and trails at designated locations for two hour designated time blocks.
Various Parks and Regional Trails in Dakota County. Ideally, pick the parks and greenways that you are already going to and using or choose a new park or greenway you have never been to and explore a new location.
Various daily 2-hour time blocks from 8am to 8pm. Shifts will start in mid-July and run until the end of the summer. Register for as many shifts/locations you would like.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Count all people entering designated count locations.
- Complete designated count tally forms.
- Submit count information to Metropolitan Council.
- Complete 30-minute virtual orientation prior to first use count.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to count sites throughout the county.
Minimum Time Commitment
2 hours for use count plus up to 1 hour of travel time depending on location.
Mild - May include walking short distances over relatively level terrain. Periods of standing or sitting will be required. Comfortable shoes recommended.
Sign Up Now!
Parks Operations Coordinator
A 860 Cliff Road, Eagan, MN 55123
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes