Green Squad Events - 8.5 - 8.11: Green Squad - Dakota County Fair
The Dakota County Fair is August 5-11 and we need your help! Dakota County is looking for volunteers to educate about recycling and organics collection at a booth shared with Dick’s Sanitation. By volunteering, you will receive free admission to the fair for that day. Various shifts are available throughout the week. Complete instructions will be sent to volunteers before the fair begins.
Dakota County Fairgrounds
4008 220th St. West
Farmington, MN 55024
Various shifts throughout the day August 5 - 11
Duties & Responsibilities
- Volunteers will talk with attendees about recycling at home
- Educate fair-goers about recycling efforts currently being performed by the county
- Interact with fair-goers
- During slow times only, walk the fairgrounds and sort out trash from recycling
- Must be a Dakota County Master Recycler/Composter
- Must attend in-person or listen to a recycling refresher presentation before your shift
- Must be able to work the full shift (shifts range from 2.5 - 3 hours each)
Minimum Time Commitment
2.5 hours - 3 hours
Medium - May involve varying amounts of activity (long walks, rough terrain, and moderate physical exertion. May not be recommended for volunteers with physical limitations. Comfortable, sturdy shoes recommended.
Volunteers will get a refresher course before their shift. The refresher course will be July 31, 7 - 8 p.m. at Lebanon Hills Visitors Center in Eagan. A recording will be made available to those who cannot attend in-person.
Garrett Zaffke | Community Relations and Volunteer Services Coordinator
Dakota County Communications
1590 Highway 55| Hastings, MN 55033
Direct: (651) 438-4635 | Fax: (651) 438-4405 | Email: email@example.com
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes