Transportation Services - Neighbors Inc. - Transportation Volunteer
Volunteers for the Transportation program take individuals without access to reliable transportation to medical, dental, or other necessary appointments. Over 2,000 rides are provided each year. Volunteers use their own vehicles and choose which rides they are able to take.
- Volunteer drivers use their own vehicles to transport riders from their homes in northern Dakota County, to appointments located in the Twin Cities metro area.
- Offer a friendly conversation to riders on the drive to and from the appointment.
- Coordinate with the Transportation Program Manager on availability to assist clients.
- Monthly submission of Volunteer hours and mileage.
- Ability to treat everyone with respect and kindness and adherence to client confidentiality.
- Adherence of Neighbors’ policies and procedures.
- Complete volunteer application, orientation and additional background check which includes motor vehicle history.
- Physically qualified to drive in safe manner.
- Have regular access to a reliable vehicle, and maintain vehicle in a safe operating condition.
- Have a valid driver’s license and car insurance that meets Minnesota minimum insurance requirements.
- Must be 21+.
- Make a positive impact in your community with a team of dedicated volunteers and staff.
- Building long lasting, positive relationship with Neighbors Inc. and community members.
- Mileage reimbursement is available.
- Training and ongoing support is provided.
Hours are flexible and scheduled by the volunteer. You can choose your own hours and availability!
Neighbors Volunteer Services Manager
DISCLAIMER: This position is not with Dakota County Volunteers but with another organization located in Dakota County. You may have to complete additional registration/documentation with the organization to fully apply for this opening. The organizations that host these opportunities take full responsibility for the organization and management of the opportunities listed below.
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes