Community Action - 12.05: International Volunteer Day at Feed My Starving Children
International Volunteer Day (IVD) authorized by the UN General Assembly, is held each year on the 5th of December. It is viewed as a unique chance for volunteers and organizations to come together to celebrate and promote volunteering efforts that impact their communities and the world.
Celebrate International Volunteer Day with Dakota County and Feed My Starving Children. FMSC offers volunteers a local one-of-a-kind experience that makes a global impact. You’ll hand-pack rice, soy, dried vegetables and a nutritionally complete blend of vitamins and minerals into bags which are then sealed, boxed, placed on pallets (all volunteer driven!) and shipped to incredible partners working hard to reach the neediest children around the world.
Through volunteering at FMSC, you’ll get the chance to impact hundreds of kids in just a couple of hours. You’ll experience what it’s like to make a tangible difference today. Plus, this event makes a great date night or family fun event!
990 Lone Oak Road, Suite 136
Eagan, MN 55121
Tuesday, December 5
2:00 PM - 3:45 PM
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help pack food for needy children around the world
- Work as a team to complete production goals
- Have fun!
- For safety reasons, children under the age of 5 are not allowed in our packing area (sorry, no exceptions).
- Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Volunteers must remove all jewelry and/or accessories before packing.
- If you would like to volunteer as a group (families not included), please contact our Volunteer Coordinator before registering.
Minimum Time Commitment
Mild - May include walking short distances over relatively level terrain. Periods of standing or sitting will be required. Comfortable shoes recommended.
If you are not able to stand for extended periods of time or you have activity restrictions, FMSC offers labeling food packs and boxes while being able to sit during the event.
Garrett Zaffke | Community Relations and Volunteer Services Coordinator
Dakota County Communications
1590 Highway 55| Hastings, MN 55033
Direct: (651) 438-4635 | Fax: (651) 438-4405 | Email: email@example.com
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account