Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day Volunteer - 9.25: Burnsville Hazardous Waste Collection Volunteer
Dakota County partners with municipalities to host events for residents to drop-off hazardous materials and electronic items at no cost. Volunteers are needed to help unload cars or greet residents as they enter the site. Tyvek suits and gloves are provided as needed.
Burnsville Maintenance Facility
13713 Frontier Court
Burnsville, MN 55337 (map)
Saturday, September 25
8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Volunteers that unload cars are responsible for safely removing and transporting containers of hazardous waste (e.g., paint, cleaners, bulbs) from a vehicle to a cart or sorting table.
- Greeters welcome each vehicle to the event, scan drivers’ licenses and hand out educational information.
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Unloaders should be able to lift approximately 20 pounds
- Greeters must be able to pleasantly communicate with attendees
- Clothing requirements for event: flat closed-toed shoes, long pants
Minimum Time Commitment
5 hours with a break for lunch
Medium - May involve varying amounts of activity. Comfortable, sturdy shoes recommended.
Volunteers are requested to review safety precautions and an event overview provided by County staff prior to the event. Basic safety training is provided on-site before the event that volunteers and staff are required to attend. Personal protective equipment is provided (e.g., safety glasses, vests). Equipment use (e.g., scanner) and onsite procedures will be reviewed with volunteers prior to the start of the event.
Work Site: The event is at a city maintenance facility with a large, open parking lot. Events are held rain or shine, hot or cold. Volunteers are responsible for weather-appropriate attire. Sunscreen and hats are recommended.
Environmental Resources Department
- Master Recycler/Composter Must be Yes
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes