Lead with other teens in your community to help shape library programs and services. Use your talents and skills to help prepare for special events, make suggestions for books, programs and spaces, and represent the library in the community.
Inver Glen Library
8098 Blaine Ave. E
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in guided conversations either in person or virtually about library services and the needs/interests of the community; offer input and contribute to plans for action
- Assist library staff before and at special events and activities, both in the library and in the local community
- Learn about Dakota County Library and positively advocate for it in your community
- Must be able to get to and from in-person event locations
- Must be able connect with team via zoom or other online platform
- Teens and their parent or guardian must read and agree to the volunteer waiver and parental/guardian release forms
Minimum Time Commitment
Varies by location
Mild - May include walking short distances over relatively level terrain. Periods of standing or sitting will be required. Comfortable shoes recommended.
Volunteers will receive basic training at the beginning of their service.
Dakota County Library -- Inver Glen Library