Lebanon Hills Regional Park - 4.28 - 5.26: Garlic Mustard Work Nights - LHRP
Dakota County Parks is excited to host Garlic Mustard removal once again at Lebanon Hills Regional Park. Garlic Mustard is an invasive species brought over from Europe that outcompetes our native wildflowers and tree seedlings that various native species rely on for food and shelter. It's a biennial which means it completes its life cycle in 2 years. Volunteers pull the second year plants prior to or during flowering. The flowering plants must be bagged up and disposed of, as the plants can still produce seed even after being pulled!
Following a brief training, you'll work alongside Dakota County staff and other volunteers to remove the plants from pre-designated areas of the park thanks to our GMC tracking volunteers. Complete a full ten hours of service during the season to win a fun prize as a special thanks to your commitment.
Lebanon Hills Regional Park
860 Cliff Road, Eagan, MN 55123
Every Wednesday night starting April 28 through May 26
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
PARKING AND MEETING LOCATIONS WILL BE RELEASED A FEW DAYS BEFORE EACH DATE - PLEASE REGISTER FOR EACH NIGHT YOU PLAN TO ATTEND SO WE KNOW WHO TO EMAIL.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Safely and effectively remove this invasive species
- Work with a team to remove Garlic Mustard from predetermined sections of the park
- Remove pulled plants safely from the work sites
- Able to attend the full event
- Must be able to walk on uneven terrain and stand for extended periods of time
- Comfortable with walking distances up to 1 mile
- Must be OK with getting a little dirty and being outside in nature
- Fun for the whole family and all age groups
- If you would like to volunteer as a group (families not included), please contact our Volunteer Coordinator before registering
Minimum Time Commitment
Easy - May include light work or walking short distances over relatively level terrain. Comfortable shoes recommended.
Training will be offered at the beginning of each work night for those that need it.
Garrett Zaffke | Community Relations and Volunteer Services Coordinator
Dakota County Communications
1590 Highway 55| Hastings, MN 55033
Direct: (651) 438-4635 | Fax: (651) 438-4405 | Email: email@example.com
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes