Medical Reserve Corps - Dakota County - Medical Reserve Corps - Dakota County
Join the Medical Reserve Corps
You can sign up to be a Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) volunteer with or without specific health experience or certifications. The Public Health Department uses volunteers for a variety of things, especially in emergencies. We may need volunteers to help with:
▪ Specific healthcare tasks, like administering immunizations or dispensing medications
▪ Assisting with child care emergency plans
▪ Monitoring areas or clinic sites
▪ Operating a hotline to respond to questions from the public
Medical Reserve Corps-Dakota County volunteers are offered other opportunities for training and activities to strengthen the community during non-emergency times. More information on the many functions of the Medical Reserve Corps can be found here.
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must live or work in Dakota County
- Must complete a background check with Dakota County
- Must be physically able to respond to situations in an emergency
- Your information will be registered in a state emergency response database
Required Training (Not Required as of 1/14/2021)
Medical Reserve Corps volunteers must complete two online trainings to be fully registered.
The trainings cover:
- Duties of a Medical Reserve Corps volunteer
- How to prepare for a public health emergency
- Your role in a public health emergency
- Volunteer opportunities available through the Medical Reserve Corps
Interested? Contact us for more information.
Public Health Emergency Preparedness Specialist
Dakota County Public Health
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Background Check Must be Completed: Cleared
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account