Lebanon Hills Regional Park - 5.26 - 9.22: Dragonfly Survey Volunteer
Do you know that there are over 6,000 species worldwide and about 153 in Minnesota? Dragonflies play an important role in our environment! They feed on mosquitoes, are a food resource for fish and amphibians, and are important indicators of aquatic ecosystem health.
Become a Dragonfly Survey Volunteer and help contribute to the research of these organisms! With your help we will be able to gather data on dragonflies in local parks, and eventually work to ensure the conservation of Minnesota’s dragonflies.
Lebanon Hills Regional Park*
860 Cliff Road,
Eagan, MN 55123
*Various locations throughout the park
Survey season runs May – September
5/26/23 – 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
6/15/23 – 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
7/07/23 – 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
8/17/23 – 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
9/22/23 – 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help collect information about our local dragonfly populations by collecting specimens with nets and identifying the dragonflies you catch. Event staff will train you onsite on how to catch dragonflys safely and how to identify different species from each other.
- At each monthly survey, your team leader (who conductes the training and survey) and members from the Minnesota Dragonfly Society will work with you and the team to help identify the dragonflies you catch.
- Ages 5 and up are welcome to volunteer with an adult present.
- Must be comfortable with working in an outside environment.
- Able to follow instructions on how to catch a dragonfly in a way that will not harm the insects.
- Enthusiastic about invertebrate conservation and the outdoors is a plus.
Garrett Zaffke | Community Relations and Volunteer Services Coordinator
Dakota County Communications
1590 Highway 55| Hastings, MN 55033
Direct: (651) 438-4635 | Fax: (651) 438-4405 | Email: email@example.com
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account