Pleasant Hill Library, Hastings - Pleasant Hill Library: iLAB Volunteer Mentors
iLABS are Dakota County Library’s Makerspaces that offer technology such as 3D Printers, sewing machines, video production, audio production and more, free of charge to the public.
iLAB Volunteer Mentors work one-on-one with customers, assisting with creative and technical projects that use iLAB equipment and software.
Pleasant Hill Library
1490 S. Frontage Road
Hastings, MN 55033
Flexible, Volunteer and Library identifies a recurring day and time they will be available
Duties & Responsibilities
- Share specialized skills related to one or more pieces of Maker equipment or software used in the iLab such as quilting, sound mixing, or graphic design.
- Assist customers with their specific creative or technical projects related to iLAB equipment.
- Connect customers with library staff when library information resources are needed.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must satisfactorily complete an interview and criminal background check process.
- Must provide own transportation to and from the library.
- Must demonstrate proficiency at an intermediate or advanced skill in the technology mentorship area.
- Must complete a background check with Dakota County (if applicable).
- Strong communication skills.
- Comfortable interacting with customers of all ages and from diverse backgrounds.
- Patience, creativity, and willingness to help customers learn and solve technical problems.
Minimum Time Commitment
Ability to commit to one or more 2-3 hour sessions during a quarter (3 months) with the opportunity to re-commit.
Mild. May include walking short distances over relatively level terrain. Periods of standing or sitting will be required. Comfortable shoes recommended.
Volunteers will receive basic iLAB training before they start which will include an overview of the reservation system and resources for learning about equipment and software. Training will also include guidelines for teaching and mentoring in a library setting, as well as expectations for safety, conduct, and communication.
Adult Services Manager
Dakota County Library
1340 Wescott Rd, Eagan, MN 55123
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Background Check Must be Completed: Cleared
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes