Spring Lake Park Reserve - 6.01: Garlic Mustard Pulls - SLPR
Help us bust invasive plants in our parks and enjoy the outdoors! Garlic Mustard is an invasive species brought over from Europe that competes against our native wildflowers and tree seedlings that various native species rely on for food and shelter. Take our Garlic Mustard Challenge and help remove this pesky plant in one of our three local parks with flexible dates/times to fit anyone’s schedule. Fun prizes await those who complete eight hours of pulling.
Spring Lake Park Reserve*
8395 127th St. E.
Hastings, MN 55033
*Exact meeting locations will be determined and emailed out before each shift.
Upcoming Date/Location of Pull
- 5/9 - Schaar's Bluff East Picnic Shelter and Playground (8500 127th Street E, Hastings, MN 55033)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Safely and effectively remove this invasive species
- Work with a team to remove Garlic Mustard from predetermined sections of the park
- Remove pulled plants safely from the work sites
- Able to attend the full event
- Must be able to walk on uneven terrain and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be OK with getting a little dirty and being outside in nature
- Fun for the whole family and all age groups
Minimum Time Commitment
Easy - May include light work or walking short distances over relatively level terrain. Comfortable shoes recommended.
A brief training will available to anyone who has never pulled GM before at the event.
Garrett Zaffke | Community Relations and Volunteer Services Coordinator
Dakota County Communications
1590 Highway 55| Hastings, MN 55033
Direct: (651) 438-4635 | Fax: (651) 438-4405 | Email: email@example.com
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Saturday, June 01, 2019||1:00 PM||3:30 PM|