Volunteer Trail Patrol Teams - Dog Park Trail Patrol
Enjoy the outdoors and time with your furry friend while also assisting fellow dog park visitors with questions, directions, park cleanup, and first aid care. Our patrol units offer a vital service to the park programs by being trained individuals who are onsite to assist our park users with day to day operations and emergencies. Volunteer on your own time (no set schedule), while personally enjoying the trails, it doesn’t get better than that!
Dakota Woods Dog Park
16470 Blaine Ave.
Rosemount, MN 55068
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help provide a safe and enjoyable experience to all dog park visitors.
- Provide directions and help answer questions.
- Assist with cleanup of trash, dog waste, and other items found at the park.
- Assist in an emergency if you are onsite.
- Carry a cell phone with you while on patrol to be accessible to visitor center contact.
- Must be 16 years old or older.
- Good physical fitness and customer service skills.
- Must provide your own equipment (we will supply extra dog waste bags and a small shovel).
- Completion of all required training.
- Complete a background check with the county (if applicable).
- Free CPR/First Aid Training.
- Free yearly pass to the county's dog park once you complete 6 hours of service.
- Great way to gather hours for school requirements, professional development, etc.
- Set your own schedule and times.
- Great opportunity to grow personally: customer service, emergency prep, and people skills.
- A great team full of people who love what you already like to do.
The Park Trail Patrol team is a one-year commitment with two starting "seasons" to choose from (Winter-Spring and Summer-Fall). Volunteers are asked to commit to 30 hours per year.
Volunteers must complete all training before working on patrol.
- Volunteer Patrol Training - Tuesday, December 6 at 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. (Zoom meeting)
- CPR & First Aid Certification - online training provided by the county will be completed by volunteer on their own time.
Active - Involves physical exertion for an extended period of time; can involve rough, uneven or steep terrain. Not recommended for volunteers with physical limitations.
Garrett Zaffke | Community Relations and Volunteer Services Coordinator
Dakota County Communications
1590 Highway 55| Hastings, MN 55033
Direct: (651) 438-4635 | Fax: (651) 438-4405 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Background Check Must be Completed: Cleared