Public Health Community Partnerships - Neighbor to Neighbor Companions
Make a difference in the life of an older adult, share your skills, meet new people, and have fun in the community. We are seeking dedicated volunteers for our new Neighbor to Neighbor Companions service in both metro and rural areas of Minnesota.
* This position is not with Dakota County Volunteers but with another organization located in Dakota County. You will have to complete any documentation with that organization to fully apply for this opening.
About Neighbor to Neighbor Companions
This service is a bridge to fuller, more active lives for older adults who need a little extra support to continue living at home, stay healthy, and remain as independent as possible. Through weekly in-home visits a few hours a week, our volunteer companions offer assistance with daily activities and appointments, a link to the community, and an opportunity for meaningful friendship. We carefully match each older adult with a local volunteer, and visits are scheduled for weekdays during regular business hours.
Volunteer companions receive:
- A monthly stipend of $90/client
- Mileage reimbursement
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Accident and liability coverage while volunteering
- Recognition events
To qualify as a companion volunteer you must:
- Have compassion, patience, and respect for others
- Be 18 years or older
- Have dependable transportation, a good driving record, and be willing to travel in your area
- Pass a background and driving record check
- Work well with diverse individuals, families, groups and organizations
We look forward to partnering with you – the life you change may be your own!
LSS Neighbor to Neighbor Companions is now available in both rural and metro areas across the state, including in Brainerd, Mankato, Rochester, St. Cloud and the Twin Cities.
Questions? Please feel free to contact us for more information.
Download a flyer about becoming a Neighbor to Neighbor Companion. Or visit our website at http://www.lssmn.org/neighbortoneighbor/companions/
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account