LeDuc Historic Estate - Hastings, MN - LeDuc Estate Chicken Care Volunteer
The LeDuc Historic Estate is looking for chicken volunteers. The site has a living history exhibit of 11 chickens. Our chicken volunteers collect eggs for sale at the site, fill food and water, let the birds out during the day, and lock them in the coop at night. You do not need to clean the coop though if you would like to help with this that is welcome too. The time requirement is about 15-20 minutes mornings and evenings.
LeDuc Historic Estate
1629 Vermillion Street
Hastings, MN 55033
Flexible, come as often as you are interested once you are trained in on how to properly care for the chickens by site staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- General care of our resident chickens.
- General knowledge of chicken care is a bonus, not a requirement.
- Transportation is needed to access the site.
- Must be 16 years old or older to volunteer without an adult present. Families are welcome to join though. Bring your kids - more hands equals less work =)
Minimum Time Commitment:
Active - Involves physical exertion for an extended period of time; project may involve rough, uneven or steep terrain. Activities will require longer periods of standing and walking with limited access to sitting. Activities will mostly occur in an outdoor setting with uncontrollable elements present.
Garrett Zaffke | Community Relations and Volunteer Services Coordinator
Dakota County Communications
1590 Highway 55| Hastings, MN 55033
Direct: (651) 438-4635 | Fax: (651) 438-4405 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes
This activity occurs between Saturday, April 01, 2023 and Saturday, December 30, 2028
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account