Galaxie Library, Apple Valley - Galaxie Library: Homework Help Tutors - Apple Valley
Homework Help Tutors is a great program for students to get the extra help they need to succeed in school and you can help! Tutors work one-on-one with students in grades K-12, assisting with homework assignments in any subject. Workshops are open-house style and allow students to come in at a designated time and place to receive assistance with their homework.
14955 Galaxie Ave
Apple Valley, MN 55124
Apple Valley workshops run now until May 7, 2020.
- Mondays, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Mentor students with questions about their homework assignments in any subject.
- Connect them with library staff when library resources are needed.
- Build healthy relationships and trust with students who visit the library.
- Communicate with parents or caregivers when asked about student’s activities.
- Must be 18 years or older with a high school diploma.
- Must satisfactorily complete an interview and criminal background check process.
- Must provide own transportation to and from the library.
- Comfort interacting with students of all ages and from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working with English Language Learners is an asset.
- Patience, flexibility, and willingness to use creative methods to help students learn.
- Strong English and writing skills
- Comfort with mathematics up to the 8th grade level.
Minimum Time Commitment
Tutors are encouraged to volunteer 2 hours per week during the school year and commit to a minimum of 6 months.
Tutors will receive training from the MN Literacy Council and a site orientation from library staff.
Training Date and Time
Thursday, October 3
5:00 - 7:30 p.m.
Burnhaven Library, Burnsville - Large Meeting Room
Youth Program & Outreach Coordinator
Dakota County Library
1340 Wescott Rd, Eagan, MN 55123
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Background Check Must be Completed: Cleared
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes