EVENT AND FACILITY - GENERAL ASSISTANCE - Pre-School Music Assistant
Parents Centres share a vision of New Zealand being a society that values parenting as being fundamental to the well being of all members of society and believe that parenting creates the environment that sews the fabric of our social structure. Our education, support and services are focused on driving that vision.
Our mission is to bring about a society in which parents are highly valued in their role in the community through positive birth experiences and informed parenting and advocacy.
Volunteers are needed to assist in running a weekly pre-school music session. Duties would include:
- Preparing the hall prior to the session starting including setting up tables, displays and preparing a basic morning tea (no cooking involved).
- Greeting mothers / toddlers and families and creating a welcoming environment.
- Assisting the music leader with any equipment needed during the session.
- Helping with the supervision of pre-preschoolers and babies.
- Talking and supporting parents.
- Assisting in delivering morning tea and cleaning up afterwards.
Located in Alexandra. Children always welcome.
Approximately 9.15 - 11.15 am Friday mornings term-time only. You can choose to go on a roster so you need not commit to every week.
18 +yrs Volunteers must be enjoy working with parents, preschoolers and kiddy music. Must have a friendly, helpful personaility and relate at an appropriate level with a non-judgemental attitude.
Volunteers will work alongside others at the sessions and will gain friendly relationships with those they work with. The right person will gain a sense of satisfaction and personal reward in seeing the delight this opportunity brings to the kids and the valued social opportunity for the parents.
This activity generally occurs on
- Friday Morning