Retail Sales - Volunteer Retail Assistant
Everyday 60 New Zealanders will hear the words “You have cancer”. The Cancer Society understands how a cancer diagnosis can affect every aspect of someone’s life and how it can also affect their family / whanau, friends and others around them.
Our commitment is to help people get through. Help us make a difference in your community.
To sustain our free services in the Queenstown Lakes and Central Otago District, the Cancer Society has opened a retail store called CanShop that provides much needed additional income for the local Cancer Society Division.
To assist in the day-to-day running of the Cancer Society Shop. This involves;
- providing a high level of customer service
- assistance with stock processing, including sorting, cleaning, pricing and hanging of donated goods
- assistance with the shop display
- assistance with keeping shop premises clean and tidy
Located in Frankton - Queenstown.
A typical shift is either 10am-1pm or 1pm-4pm (Monday – Friday) or 11am-3pm Saturday. A commitment to at least one shift a month is asked for.
Communication and interpersonal skills, and a friendly helpful nature.
Confidence and accuracy using cash
Physical health which does not preclude standing for long periods of time, or lifting.
There is the opportunity for personal development through attending workshops and courses relevant to your work with the Cancer Society.
For more details check out The Cancer Society online here.
This activity generally occurs on
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon